Off street secure parking
Medical, Dental, Paid Sick/Vacation Time, 401(k)
Monday through Friday 7am - 4:30pm
HDR Remodeling is a Berkeley-based, award-winning Design + Build residential remodeling contractor with over 25 years’ experience. We are seeking a highly skilled working Project Manager looking for long-term, full-time employment with a well-established company and with the opportunity for advancement to Production Manager.
We typically have 3-5 projects in production at one time. We work only in the East Bay area from Oakland/Piedmont to El Cerrito. The ideal candidate should be able to manage and run their own job as well as oversee other projects.
- Interact with the Design Team and assist with estimating
- Assist with pre-construction preparations
- Create project schedules and production goals
- Supervise and help coordinate the work of the Lead Carpenters and Carpenters.
- Schedule, supervise and coordinate subcontractors
- Understand the scope of work and budget for each project
- Ensure the job is on schedule and within budget
- Ensure that the finished project meets the company’s high standards for quality and workmanship
- Interact with clients and address any concerns they may have
- Recognize and execute change orders when necessary
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures
- Work independently with minimum direct supervision and as part of a team
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 10 years residential remodeling carpenter experience
- Minimum 5 years Lead Carpenter experience
- Minimum 5 years management or supervisory experience
- Superior knowledge of construction methods and techniques
- Knowledge of building/construction codes
- Must to be able to aread and execute plans
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Proficient with technology – smart phone, Excel, Word, etc.
- Live in the East Bay area Strong written and verbal English skills
- Be punctual, loyal, safe and have good personal appearance and habits
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Truck (with rack) and tools to complete all aspects of residential remodeling
- Current auto insurance and registration
- Clean driving record (no more than one point) No DUI’s or Felony convictions
- Some college a plus
- Able to interact and communicate well with your crew, subcontractors, and the client
- Contractor’s license a plus and/or college degree a plus
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis including lifting 100 pounds
If you are a highly motivated individual who meets these requirements and wants to work for a great company with friendly employees, please send your resume with a cover letter to: HDR@hdrremodeling.com and include Project Manager in subject line.