GUIDELINES TO BUILDING AN ADU
DOWNLOAD YOUR EXCLUSIVE CITY GUIDElines TO BUILDING AN ADU
Find your city and learn what the requirements are to build an ADU on your property.
NUMBER OF ADUS PERMITTED: One ADU permitted per residence.
OWNERSHIP: ADU can be for private use or rented.
ADU SQUARE FOOTAGE: Floor area cannot exceed 1,200 square feet.
- ADU must have the same fire sprinklers as the primary residence.
- There are no utility connection fees on existing structures
- Cities can regulate what the state does not specify.
PARKING: All units require parking of equal value.
PARKING REQUIREMENTS MAY NOT APPLY IF:
- ADU is one half mile from public transit.
- ADU is one block from a car share location.
- ADU is in a historic or architecturally significant area.
- ADU is in an area where permit street parking is not available to the occupants of the ADU.